Let’s Encrypt is a new Open, Community built Certificate Authority that issues SSL certificates. The key principles of the scheme are as follows:
- Free: The service is available to everyone at no additional cost.
- Automatic: The process is simplified by making everything automated. This means that the SSL certificate is installed, setup and configured in just a couple of clicks.
- Secure: It will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices.
- Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The Protocol is maintained openly, allowing others to adopt the technology.
- Cooperative: It is based on technology developed by multiple people and corporations in cooperation with each other. As such no one company owns the new protocol.
The installation only takes few minutes and then you can forget about it. To start, please check out our howto below or go straight to your cPanel to grab it.
Tuesday, May 10, 2016