Let’s Encrypt is a new Open, Community built Certificate Authority that issues SSL certificates. The key principles of the scheme are as follows:
- Free: The service is available to everyone at no additional cost.
- Automatic: The process is simplified by making everything automated. This means that the SSL certificate is installed, setup and configured in just a couple of clicks.
- Secure: It will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices.
- Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The Protocol is maintained openly, allowing others to adopt the technology.
- Cooperative: It is based on technology developed by multiple people and corporations in cooperation with each other. As such no one company owns the new protocol.
At LayerOnline you are able to get unlimited free SSL/TLS certificates from Let's Encrypt in cPanel with automatic renewal. The installation only takes few minutes and then you can forget about it.
To start, login to cPanel, go to security and click on Let's Encrypt
Click on install SSL certificate cert.
Pick the domain you want to have SSL and click submit.
You will see the message about SSL was generated successfully. Refresh the page and you will see your new SSL certificate.
Congratulations! Let's Encrypt SSL is now installed on your domain. Just repeat the same steps for all your domains that require SSL.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Installing an SSL Certificate in cPanel requires that the domain be assigned a dedicated IP to...